In The End…

Larissa - SSF, California

I believe that it is better to live a life where you have tried and failed, rather than to live a life in regret and thinking “what if?” I have made many stupid choices in my life, and they range from giving into peer pressure to taking honors chemistry. However, by making the decisions I made, I learned lessons that I will absolutely take to my grave. For example, last year and this year as well, I have taken on a big workload that is sometimes way too overwhelming. This includes classes and extra curriculars. I ignored those who told me I was crazy and listened intently to those who told me to go for the impossible. Although I feel like I’ve achieved a lot in my time as a freshman and sophomore, I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t need to prove anything to anyone and just live my life the way I choose to, which is from now on more simple and less stressful. Although I have decided to alter my lifestyle, I would not be as confident with this choice if I hadn’t gone through such an experience that challenged my physicality and mentality. I can now not join a club or a team and feel that I have not missed out on anything. I know that the few things that I have committed myself to are enough to keep me happy, and the rest of my free time can be turned into an enjoyable part of the day where I can relax and do what I need to do so that I don’t go to bed exhausted. Choices involving friends have changed my outlook on life as well. I used to judge people for no particular reason, but learning to take a chance and talking to someone I never thought I’d ever talk to changed my prospective. For a long time I had just stuck to my usual group of friends in school, but later on I met many new people who I made conversation with, and they ended up becoming some of my best friends. Although I waited so long to realize this, it made me cherish the friendships even more knowing they’ve made a positive difference in my life.