The Purpose of Creation

Raja - san ramon, California

I believe that there is one God Almighty worthy of worship. All the praises and thanks belong to God, the most high and the supreme in glory. He is ever living, the self subsisting, eternal. He is the creator, the provider and the sustainer of his creation. He is the most forgiving and merciful. He neither slumbers nor sleeps and to him belong the perfect and most beautiful attributes. This is the concept of God that I believe in my heart and soul.

I believe that there is a purpose behind the creation of this universe and all that exists. The only way that I can discover the answer to this question is through the creator Himself. God Almighty chose the best people among different nations and tribes as his Prophets to make people believe in God and to tell them the purpose of their creation.

The high percentage of people in the world believing in God gives an indication that God Almighty introduced himself through his prophets or messengers to his creation. This is the reason why we see different religions, religious scriptures and different ways that people use to worship God and try to get closer to him.

I was also introduced to God through his messenger. Along with all the other prophets, God Almighty sent Prophet Muhammad to tell people about their creator and the purpose of their creation. Prophet Muhammad made his followers believe in one true God and that He is the only one worthy of worship.

Believing in one God and his last messenger Prophet Muhammad makes me a Muslim and my religion Islam. Just like all the other divine religions in the world, God Almighty revealed his message to Prophet Muhammad in a period of twenty three years through his angel, Gabriel. This message is embodied in my heart like all the other Muslims in the world believe.

God Almighty says in the Holy Qur’an: “[It is He] who created death and life to test which of you is best in conduct; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving” (Holy Qur’an, 67.2). The Fundamentals of Islam are justice, compassion, tolerance, charity and above all humility before God. I believe by practicing the fundamentals of my religion would fulfill the purpose of my creation in this world and would open the gates of paradise in the hereafter.

Without knowledge of the purpose of creation, human beings wander aimlessly through life, like ships at sea without rudders. It keeps me humble before God to think that I will one day be asked about my actions I did in this world and I strive to follow the commandments of my Lord. I have discovered the purpose of my creation by knowing about my creator and what he wants from me and how he wants me to live my life.