A MOTHER’S LOVE

DZIFA - DANVILLE, California
Themes: family, gratitude

A MOTHER’S LOVE

There is nothing a mother will not do for her children. She will do whatever it take to protect and give them all that they might need, even if that means going the extra mile for them. A mother will be there for her children when they need her. She will give up her time for her children. A mother will give you her shoulder to cry on when you need it.

I believe we celebrated Mother’s Day each year to appreciate our mothers not only because they are our mothers or they gave birth to us, but also for all they have sacrifice and gone through for us as their children.

I remember in July 2005, I woke up one morning only to realize there are little boils all over my two legs. I did not know what happened or what caused it, but was so painful that I could not do anything. Little did we know that those little boils were going to result into something serious? Later that day I was knocked down so hard by the boils that I could not even walk but had to be taken to the hospital by my mum. When we got to the hospital, the doctor could not find the cause of the boils so I had to be taken to a more advance hospital for them to find out what was causing the boils.

Since the hospital could not come out with any diagnoses of what was causing the boils, they could not give me medications. The pain was not getting any better and I was even crippled and I had to stay in bed for about 6 months without going anywhere. Just when I was getting worse with my sickness, my mum, who was in the middle of a very big business deal, had to put everything on hold to be able to be with me and take care of me.

Just around the same time, she had an invitation to Italy. Because she had to go for an interview for a visa, she needed to put the documents she needed together to be able to go for her visa. But for a mother who feels for her child could not do that and had to put everything on hold to be able to stay at home to take care of me. She did not want to leave me at home in the hands of any family members to take care of me instead she stayed at home all the time.

My mother has encouraged me when I need it, she will be there for me when everyone gives up on you. I believe in a mother’s love because she has taught me to have integrity, good morals, and to persevere. My mum is source of inspiration.

I believe in a mother’s love because she will love you unconditionally.