This I Believe- That

Kellee - Pleasant Grove, Utah

Life is hard, and what we do in life can determine how hard it is going to be. If we accomplish hard tasks now it can make it easier to accomplish other tasks later in our lives. You can have the strength to do anything in life. I believe that when you accomplish hard tasks you gain endurance.

Recently I auditioned for a ballet company at my dance studio in the fall. I made it as an apprentice along with five other girls. We then auditioned again in January, and two girls made it. Shortly after, one apprentice had to quit then there were three more to audition later. My classes continued as usual except I felt that I wasn’t getting corrections like everyone else was, I knew I was doing wrong, but no one really told me what. I had to figure it out on my own, when everyone else was getting told what they needed to fix and how. It was kind of frustrating that I wasn’t getting that help, and it was a hard task I had to deal with. I did deal with it the best I knew how, and that was to try harder

The audition came around and the other two girls made it and I was still an apprentice, I was frustrated that weekend. On Monday the environment of my ballet class was different than usual, and I was still mad. My teacher gave me corrections that were meaning to help me, but for me it was hard to accept them. I really love my ballet teacher, but what she said those two days was upsetting to me. I tried to work at home more than than what I was doing before. I asked questions. Just by trying harder, I learned that before I wasn’t trying hard enough. I took those corrections into account, and worked on them. I did what my teacher had suggested, and it did help me realize that she was trying to help, and that I could get through that hard task, and any other one I came to face.