Courtney - Pleasant Grove, Utah

I know a girl in my school. She has just about anything that you could imagine having: the clothes, the house, the popularity, and even the guys. Her life seems to be perfect, except for one thing. She doesn’t have any girlfriends. Nobody to talk to and nobody to keep her personal secrets. Of course she has many guy friends but we can all tell that they are just her friends so they can “get the girl.” It’s all really sad but at the same time nobody feels bad for her. Most likely the reason she doesn’t have any is because she thinks that she is better than everyone else around her because she is wealthy. She thinks that she has everything, but I know for a fact that she doesn’t. I believe money cannot buy all of the items in life.

Money is not happiness. You could buy anything imaginable and yet still be unhappy. Sure, many people think that money can buy you friends, but not the good friends. Not the true kind that will stand by you through thick and thin. Having money is definitely not a bad thing but it can easily become one. If you look at all of the celebrities in this world today, they are all an example of a person who believes money can buy anything they want. I have a member in my extended family that has an unimaginable amount of money. The one difference between her and most of the rich people in the world is that she doesn’t let it go to her head. She could choose to live in a huge house and have lots of clothes and just waste her money on things that she doesn’t really need if she wanted to. She decides to use it to benefit others instead of herself and I admire her for that.

Money buys pools, big houses, private jets and many other unneeded items, but it does not buy people and emotions. For example, We are all given the impression to date or marry the person with the money. Some people will give in to that impression and marry someone that will never be able to make them happy. For the person on the other end, life is good until things start to get messed up and marriages, families, and lives fall apart. They would think that they would make the other person happy because they have money, but when it comes down to it, money might be the very part of their life that is making them unhappy.

I believe money cannot buy everything. Not friends or happiness or a good life. The best way to not think that it can, is to not get cocky and big headed. Just be a good person. People will like you for who you are and not for your money. As others are jealous of the cute, popular, rich girl, i find myself feeling really sorry for her.