Accepting Personalities

Nathan - Pleasant Grove, Utah
Themes: equality

Has anyone ever made fun of you or teased you just because of your personality? I never would have thought this could happen to anyone until it happened to me.

Some people think that really shy people don’t have different personalities. They think that they are never outgoing and don’t have any feelings. Lots of people at my school think that I am very shy and that I am not a talkative person. This is not true at all. Just because a person acts a certain way when you see them or when you are around them that doesn’t mean they always act that way. I was made fun of because of my personality.

I am actually a really energetic, outgoing kind of person, outside of school. With me, people don’t see me like that because I don’t act like that when I am around them. They judge me before they even know me. For example, in some of my classes at school, people refer to me as the quiet or shy guy. They tease me because of my personality. The teasing even goes on when I am at lunch. Personally, I do not like this and I don’t think anyone else likes being made fun of because of their personality either.

Some kids at my school make fun of other people that look shy and that look easy to pick on. Let’s take this one boy I saw get picked on for example. He was just minding his own business, at lunch, and then some kids decided to make fun of him for no reason at all. He was most likely made fun of because he looked like a shy person. This is not how anyone should be treated in our world. How a person looks has nothing to do with their personality. People these days don’t really care anymore about other people’s feelings.

Personally, I know our world needs to change. Everyone can start by accepting everyone no matter what their personality is. I believe that everyone has more than one personality and that everyone should not judge other people because of that. People should not be too quick to judge other people, but actually know them personally. People need to know what is in their heart and not just what is on the outside. I believe that everyone should be equal. People may say that everyone is equal, but we truly do not stand up to treating everyone equally. I believe that everyone should be accepted no matter what their peronality is. This I believe.