This I believe

Ryan - Pleasant Grove, Utah

On average a person who graduates College earns one million dollars more that a high school graduate. Now think of a high school dropout who will most likely make a little over minimum wage for the rest of their life. One of my teachers friends for example dropped out of high school and because of that he has to work really hard to provide for his family. And to make things worse his son is now on the verge of dropping out of high school. And because he dropped out and his son won’t listen when he tells him that he shouldn’t dropout. I believe in the worth of education.

My parents are always telling me of the importance of a good education. Because my dad got a good education we are doing fine financially and can afford some of the things that we want. It can’t do anything except help you later on in life. This is why I don’t get why some people in the halls talk about how much of a waste of time school is. I hear people all the time say that school is a waste of time and has no value or point. These are the people who will probably end up dropping out of school.

However it is not just going to school that is important. I know people who show up at school only because there parents made them. And because they don’t want to be here they don’t try to learn which won’t help them at all. I am constantly so all that I can to learn.

There is no end to the benefits of a good education. With a good education I can: get almost any career you want, and with enough of a good education I can get a high paying job,also I won’t have any regret, and the best of all I will have a happy life. And best of all if my son or daughter is going to drop out for some reason or another I will be able to tell them they will be better off without it.