I Believe In

Kaleb - 84062, Utah

When I pick up a good book, or play one of guitars, the stress in my life leave my head. I believe that doing things we love can take our minds to other worlds or dimensions that we didn’t even know existed. The things we can do to go to “The Place” can be painting, writing music, playing a sport, reading a book, etc.

I usually take advantage of this idea when I am stressed, sad, or alone. If I am able to find an intriguing book, and read that book, I try to become part of it. In a sense, that is. This might sound really stupid, but I know I am not crazy. I am not really sure if I am actually becoming part of what I do, or if I am imagining it. I do know, however, that it is better than the cruel place I was before.

Rule number one is: “When you are attempting to go to your place, clear your mind of all things.” If you can quiet the things around you this will work much better. Rule number two: “Recognize you are in that place, then know the feeling is real there.” Rule number three: “Remember that the feeling is real, not the place.” Although many people would like to live there forever, they can’t. We all have a reality, but we can all also imagine.

If you think you have never been inside your place, you are wrong. You have either been there so often that you do not notice it. You do not recognize it because you don’t feel grateful enough. Or you just have not even tried. If you haven’t tried, then you need to. If you don’t know how to, then you need to follow rule one and rule two.

Even if things aren’t looking up, it doesn’t mean they wont the next day or the next. “The Place” is just a temporary escape, like a Superman in his Fortress of Solitude. Getting out and having a good time in a group is better than living life in your alone. This means you do not always have to go to your fortress. Also remember there is no permanent escape from the stresses of your life. They will find you again, just be ready to take care of them and keep your life.