Good music is mind clearing and soothing for the soul.

Braden - Pleasant Grove, Utah

“This I Believe”

There are many types of good music ranging from country, to hip hop, to alternative and all the way to my personal favorite, the rock genre. I like newer music: Muse, Rush, Senses Fail and Collective Soul. I like the classics: Bon Jovi, Van Halen, and Aerosmith. All of these bands I categorize into “Good Music.” “Mind clearing, and soul soothing music.” I am Braden Cottle and I believe that good music clears your mind and is soothing for your soul.

Good music loud or soft, instrumental or not, clears your mind. When I have a lot of homework and I want to get it done quickly, I just put on some good music and listen to it to clear my mind. This way, my mind is clear and standing ready to study. Just the other day, I had to study for an upcoming biology test. I turned on some Muse and listened to it for a second until my mind went clear, then got to studying. Turns out, I aced the test. Muse, by the way, means inspiration or hope. It was the definition of “Muse” that this group named their band after. It was the inspiration of the music that cleared my mind and helped me get to work. And most importantly, it was the inspiration from the music that I got one hundred percent on my test. Muse, as well as many other good bands, all make this type of inspirational music that helps you clear your mind and focus on your work.

Any good music brings your troubles to a hault and soothes your soul. I am 15 years old, and every day I get home from school, I am as stressed as can be. I don’t know about adults, but I am sure that they come home from work pretty stressed just like us students. You have had problems with your boss, people you work with or with troublemakers at school. These feelings just make me want to lose all the weight of the world, sooth my soul and be happy. Well I have my way out, my spotter to lift the weight off when I have had enough. What is this way you ask? This certain way out is good music.

When I have a chance I: take a few minutes before I go to bed each night, listen to some good music, go to sleep to the music, turn on some music while I am getting ready in the morning, listen to music on my way to school, and most importantly, I let it clear my mind and sooth my soul. When I do this, I am happier and I have better days.