This I believe

Charly - Pleasant Grove, Utah
Themes: golden rule

This I believe

I am walking down the hall trying not to yell at anyone: it’s been a very bad day. Then someone who I hang out with in one of my classes walks by me. She totally ignores me and looks the other way. Ouch! I thought that we were becoming good friends. My day is becoming worse and I really didn’t think that was possible. It makes me feel so bad when people who you thought you were friends with act like they don’t know you even exist. It bugs me even more when I see it happen to others. Almost every day I see somebody wave at another person and that person ignores them. I know how bad that can make you feel. I also hear people talking about another person and it’s not in a good way either. I hear people talking to friends, family, and even strangers in a really annoyed voice. That can make people think that you really want them to go away. Did they do something to make you mad? If so don’t be rude to them. Be a good person and talk to them about it. We should be nice to everyone. Even if you don’t realize it, being nice to someone can make their day so much better.

Sometimes when I am over at my friend’s house, her mom will ask her a question or just say something to us and my friend will tell her to go away. She also yells at her and rolls her eyes at her all the time. By watching her mom’s face I can tell that it makes her feel really bad. We should respect our family, friends, and even people we don’t know, because sometimes getting ignored or talked to in a rude way can really hurt. Also, because I don’t think you would want to have anyone act like that to you. We should not be afraid to smile or say hi to someone just because some people think you are being cheesy or weird. Being friendly and smiling is not cheesy or weird, it just shows that you are not someone who is in a bad mood all the time. People will like you so much more if you are in a good mood and nice to them. Who wants a friend who is going to be mean all the time?

I believe in being nice to everyone all the time. Being nice makes me feel good and it also makes others feel good. People might want to be around me more. They might also start to look up to you and start being kind to other people.