I believe in pushing ourselves towards success

Garth - Pleasant Grove, Utah
Themes: work

Often at school I hear kids talking about grades. They are usually talking about how their parents force them to do well and how they are not meeting their expectations. They complain about how they are going to get grounded for not getting straight A’s, and that they should be able to choose what grades they want to work for. Maybe they should not be obligated to do well in school, but that does not mean that they should not work for good grades. You do not have to be pressured to do well academically. I believe that you should push yourself to accomplish things in life, not have someone push you.

I am in ninth grade right now. This year I have heard more complaining about grades than ever before, since grades are now starting to count. I do not understand why people feel the need to complain. Our parents are not trying to make us miserable. They know more about the business world than we could ever imagine. They are just trying to help us so that we can be better off in future opportunities than they had the chance to be. Also why would you not want to get good grades for yourself anyway? Don’t you want to go to college? Some kids that find out about my grades get mad at me for the fact that I am doing so well. The reason I do well is because I do not depend on my parents to push me through life in a stroller. I set high expectations for myself. The world is progressing at a dramatic rate, and if people expect to be successful in it they have to prepared.

Doing well in school isn’t the only matter you should work hard at. There are many opportunities throughout the day in which you can try harder. You want to work on your weaknesses to convert them into strengths. Maybe your weak point is your ability to compete in a sport or play an instrument. Pushing yourself can help you in so many things: family, social life, and extracurricular activities. Even if you do not enjoy it, you should still try your best to perform well, especially if you have to do it anyway. In the future it may assist you in becoming something what you have always wanted to be.

If everyone would try hard at all that they do, the world would be more self dependent. People would not always need bosses and teachers making sure we are doing what we are supposed to do at all times. People would not have to deal with nagging parents and peer pressure. Pushing yourself forward in all aspects of life is an amazing contribution to your future. I believe that accomplishing our goals through commitment and hard work can bring the world one step closer to perfection. I believe in perfection!