Don’t put other peoples beliefs down

Shawn - Pleasant Grove, Utah

Many people believe that they can say anything they want and it have no negative affect. For example, When a hunting store was being built in a local area where I live, protesters that were for animal rights came and posted signs in front of the store. Signs saying the store is bad and should not be there. What were the protesters trying to do? They could of just left the store alone and there not be a problem. All it was doing was starting a fight. My brother disagrees with his friends all the time. They will be talking about how Pepsi is better than Coke. My brother usually tells his friend how stupid he is for liking such a sick product like Coke. When he does this, they end up in a fight. He knows that they will end up in a brawl. There are multiple people that think and believe differently than others. I believe every one should just let others believe how they want to believe.

People get power hungry over some things. My friend was playing basket ball. Many of the kids that were playing have played by the same rules. But some of the kids were explaining to him how they know a different way of playing. As soon as they started to tell him about their rules, he rejected them. He told them that there is no way he would play by any other rules and anyone who did not want to follow his rules were banished from playing with him. Do we want another person like Hitler trying to command everyone. Hitler thought that everyone had to believe like him. If he would have just not said or did anything many lives would have been saved. Many problems occur from trying to make others believe the way you do and give up the things they believe in. Politicians try to make us believe they are the best candidate to pick. As long as they don’t try disrespect everyones beliefs then it is a fair race. If you can’t win over anyone or convert someone without talking horrible things about opposing beliefs then you don’t deserve to win. We should treat others with kindness, respect, and thoughtfulness.

We need to keep our beliefs between ourselves and the people who believe the same way. If someone doesn’t want to hear about it, don’t say anything. Just let them believe what they want to believe. Be friendly to each other, and treat every one with respect. It would keep the world a lot safer. There would be less fights, less deaths, and a greater, more friendly atmosphere to live in.