Perserverance

Gerrison - Pleasant Grove, Utah
Themes: work

Perservere and pursue your dreams then you will achive those dreams. One experience I’ve had is playing football, I love the game but lacked serious motiviation and that’s why I’ve been third string reciver for the past three years. I belive that every one should persevere and hold on to their dreams.

Playing football in High School and College is one of my many dreams, but with out motiviation I’ve realized it will never happen if I dont try and giving up doesnt work either. But as I’ve grown I have thought and thought about this and never giving up is the answer.

My dreams have seemed less and less possible, as I’ve thought and prayed about this three word sentence the thought comes back to my head “Never Give Up” and the more I try to get it to stop it gets louder and that’s when I knew what I should do.

Another experience of me using this quote of whom many have said through out my life is when I was playing baseball for the city.

I was always a good fielder and every thing else besides… well hitting one of the most important parts of the game, but none of my coaches cared enough to really improve my hitting.

Until this past season, my coach saw what I was doing wrong and helped me improve and I realized that is all you really have to do perservere and let others help you along the way.

Many Atheletes and people have inspired me to continue to use this quote as an example in my life atheletes such as Michael Jordan, Tony Gwynn, Larry Bird, Troy Aikman, and BYU’s John Beck. They have set the ultimate example for me and others who have a love to for sports like me and many others.

The last example I have is a person on my favorite team the BYU Cougars, the story of Steven Covey, I was reading the sport section of the newspaper and I saw an article about my favorite football team the BYU Cougars. I was about Steven Covey the former all-state QB from Timpview High School in Provo, and his dream was to play quarterback for BYU but when he started practicing with the Cougars they already had enough quarterbacks.

So Coach Mendenhall put him in as a Defensive Back but Covey redshirted his freshman year and served an LDS mission. Now he is back at BYU and is expected to be the starter after Max Hall leaves.

I look at that as a good example of perseverance because even when his dreams seemed bleak, he still worked hard.