Music

Megan - Pleasant Grove, Utah

A couple of weeks ago I had the worst school day of my life: my friends were causing all sorts of drama, I had forgotten an assignment that was due that day, and I got a failing grade on a biology test. This put me in the worst mood. I was frustrated at every little thing and I was hardly bearable to talk to. When I got home, I headed straight for my room. I just wanted to be alone. I sat in my room for a while and decided to turn on the radio. The song that was playing just happened to be one of my favorite songs. I really got into the song, and even started to sing along. Whenever I get caught up in a song I forget about everything bad that happened that day. I start to think of all the good things and it really cheers me up.

I think that music is a very important thing in our lives. It affects us in many different ways. For instance, whenever I am down or depressed I like to listen to songs with upbeat tempos and catchy lyrics. This helps me to forget about why I am sad and helps me be able to think about different things. If I’m already in a great mood I never listen to songs that I don’t like. That is one thing that you should never do if you are in a fabulous mood is listening to songs that bug you. Whenever I am riding in the car with my mom, she always turns on the radio to country music. Since I absolutely cannot stand country music, I always turn it off so that it won’t set me off in a bad mood.

I believe that music can change the way we act. It has a tremendous affect on the way we live. It should always be apart of our lives. Because no matter what mood you are in before you listen to music, afterwards you always end up in a different mood. It can cause a horrendous day to become a better day, or fantastic day to become a bad day. Even if it is just slightly, music changes how we feel.