I believe that people with authority make pointless decisions that don’t help the common good.

Braxton - Pleasant Grove, Utah

Why is it that those in authority make pointless decisions that don’t help those people under them? Some may think that those people with authority are striving to do everything for your benefit but most of those with authority care only for themselves and make unthoughtful decisions that don’t help anyone except for their cold hearts.

Just like many others I took Spanish class. My Spanish Teacher, in the two years I’ve had him I’ve only learned how to say random phrases: I will break your head or I will kill you. The reason for this is that almost every day I do a writing assignment where he gives me an assignment in Spanish and I have to translate it into English. The only problem is he gives me a blue book that translates all the words for me or he tells me the translation so I just use the book and I never learn a thing. So one pointless decision My Spanish Teacher makes is he gives his Spanish students a blue book.

I’ve noticed that parents tend to make pointless decisions also. Like my mom for instance. I go down stairs and one of our chairs is turned the “wrong” way then about ten minutes later she comes down moves it then about another hour later she sees me down there and tells me to move it back to how I had it before. Why did she move it around just to have me move it back? It’s just a pointless decision that my mom makes.

The Iraqi government made a pointless and dumb decision in attacking the United States of America. They come and attack the twin towers because their leaders thought it would be a good idea. It started a war between Iraq and the United States of America. What did it do for their people? Well I’ll tell you that all it did was kill many Iraqi people. Our President made a pointless decision too. He is keeping the soldiers in Iraq too long. We did what we needed to. Now they are there and doing almost nothing but dying. There for I believe that people with authority make pointless decisions that don’t help the common good.