Life Should Be Simple

josh - fairfield, Connecticut

Josh F 3.24.2008

I believe that you should be able to do your bare minimum in life and still succeed. I believe this because life isn’t all that difficult, or at least it shouldn’t be. I feel that life should be simple, should be relaxing. I don’t think that god put us onto this world to be criticized and work our asses off. I have many feelings about this topic, and my older brother has inspired my opinion.

My brother has absolutely put minimum effort into education though; he is a skilled athlete in many sports. High school and up, he’s been putting bare effort into almost everything education related. But he is still succeeding.(1) My brother put effort into grade school and middle school. He eventually realized that of course school mattered, but it shouldn’t be the most important thing in your life. He put bare effort into education, just enough to get through so he could still participate in his sports. He passed from Fairfield Prep as a skilled athlete with decent grades. He went to the college of Charleston where he still put his slacking skills to use. He studies just a couple hours before tests, taking a pill to make him focus. Its not like he had add, its just that he didn’t care enough to put effort into studying for an exam weeks before. He studied for a couple hours that night, just enough so he would pass. My brother is an exceptional student, though he does not try. Honestly, he could be gifted but I doubt it. He just studies the bare minimum and does the little work. He transferred to the college of Villanova, only to increase the chances of himself having a relaxing life in the future. See what school does to people some kids, its ruins there childhoods, all they can think about is success. Just last week he had a major exam. He is still up and playing halo, for the past 40 hours. No sleep, he drinks a Monster energy drink. He studies, barely and he still passes with a great grade.

Maybe I shouldn’t be caught up with religion and school. But, who ever put us onto this earth, I doubt wanted us to work our asses off and be criticized by others. See I believe that god didn’t put us here to impress others, to kill ourselves just for the chance of a good future. I believe that life should be simple, should be relaxing. God put us to be a community, to unite with prosperous results.

See, to put all my ideas into proportion. I believe that not everyone has the potential to succeed, could be learning problems or concentration. People should be able to succeed by what there naturally good at, not what they should “learn” to do.

I believe that everyone should be able to put minimum, maybe even little effort into education and the idea of success in life. I understand everyone has standards, but life shouldn’t be as it is today. Life should be relaxing and not ridiculously challenging as it is today.