Parents Influence Kids

Brock - Pleasant Grove, Utah
Themes: addiction

Have you ever seen a parent smoking or drinking with a kid by them or a baby in their arms? I believe that parents on drugs influence kids. This is ruining the kids chances on living. These kids will most likely grow up and do drugs. When the kids see you do drugs they will want to do what you do.

When I was twelve years old I was at a parade and a mom was sitting next to me and she was holding a baby. It looked fine for the first half hour, until she pulled out a cigarette and started smoking. When she would blow out the smoke, it would go right into the babies face. Now when this little baby grows up it will die sooner even if it doesn’t end up smoking because of its mother giving it second hand smoke.

One of my friends has to deal with both of his parents that smoke and drink. He doesn’t like that they do it. He wishes that they would at least go into a different room or go outside. He is worried that his little brother might go into that bad world and start smoking. He doesn’t want to tell his parents because they might get mad at him and kick him out of the house and put him on the streets. This is an example of how these parents are influencing these kids. One of these days he wont have friends to go to because we will all be at collage. This kid can not fight it off by himself.

This is hurting the kids future and the kids decision to do drugs or not. Because kids look up to their parents and want to do what ever they do, even if it will hurt them. So it will just be an easier decision for these kids to make and they might even get some of their friends to try it and soon they will all be addicted and can’t stop.

These parents should be stopped from buying cigarettes at the store like how you have to be twenty one to buy a alcoholic beverages. This will help these kids not start the lean towards that when they are young. This will help the world get away from tobacco and beer so we can be a healthy world. This will also make it so there will be less accidents and more people will live longer.