A goal to end procrastinating

Kimberly - Pleasant Grove, Utah

I do this everyday: press snooze on my alarm clock. It is extremely funny and coincidental that I start my day by pressing my built in procrastination button. This I believe, procrastination happens more then you think, and comes with consequences.

My mom tells me everyday to get my room clean, pack for the upcoming trip, or get my homework done. Lets face it do I do these things right when she asks me too: no! I usually tell myself to do it tomorrow or the next day when I will have more time. But in reality the best time and most time to do it is right then.

One perfect example of procrastination in my life is my bedroom. I clean my room until it is all the way clean, no dust bunnies or things on the floor. Then procrastination sinks in, I drop my outfit on the floor that I overruled five seconds ago. I tell myself that I will pick it up when I get home from school. Before I know it my room could be mistaken as a dumpster. The consequence of several weeks of procrastinating, a room with clothes as my carpet and out hour of my time to preform maid services fro my bedroom.

Have you ever wasted time trying to save time by procrastinating? Lets say that I have this big project in geography that is due in about a week. When I sit down to work on my homework I do little, easy, and less important assignments that can be done another time instead of working on my big project day by day. I tried to save my time by doing the little assignments while procrastination on the large project. It is actually pretty ridicules how I can find so many different excuses so I can procrastinate.

Addicted am I? Addicted I am to procrastinating, because it always seems that when I do procrastinate I get what I need to done, it is just not done to its fullest potential. My work is not the best when I procrastinate but, I do have a way of finishing it when needed. I always remind and set goals for myself to quit procrastinating but is is so much easier to tell myself to instead of actually falling through with it. For as long as I live I will still be procrastinating, and always fighting this battle in my mind.