Older Generation Taking Responsibility

Jacob - Pleasant Grove, Utah

When I Was a child i would look down into the beautiful valley in which I live in. I would see a gorgeous lake shimmering in the day time. And see a clear blue sky with wonderfully colored birds that occupied the clean air. But much has changed sense then the once proud lake is now glazed over with a thin brown layer of pollution caused by chemicals wastes from nearby factories. The clear sky has now been replaced with smog that is released by towering factories releasing tons of smoke into our atmosphere. Every day i walk outside and slowly i am being poisoned. This could have been prevented, but no our sufferings are due to the wants and the addiction of the older generation. I believe that the older generation should take responsibility of what they have done and not just throw it their problems that they have created on to the younger generations shoulders.

All over the news I see children across the world that are condemned to the mistakes of their parents and other adults. In many cases it is war. Some wars have gone on for many years or even for centuries. This is due to the parents of the younger generation. They have thought their children to hate a certain group or to hate a family or another tribe. These grudges are contiuing because the parents are to stiff necked to forgive and forget.

Everyday more and more pollution is being released into the air and it is slowy destroying life here on earth. And when the older generation dies and we have to step up to plate and take command of the world, we will be stuck with an earth that is less great and magical as it us to be. We are born into the same addiction of our parents using pollutant factories, and using oil and gasoline for vehicles instead of finding a better way for the next generation. We will think the same as the generation did before that we dont need to change we will let the younger generation make up for our mistakes.

The world is doomed if we continue in our own selfish wants and deeds. We cannot expect that the next generation can do everything we must take charge of are mistakes and give the next generation a better world to live in and that they can continue the doing good for each other and for the world. If we are to work together with mutualism then we will have a world that many have dreamed of. Our children should not suffer because of our own selfishness and we should focus on them because they will be the ones that will run the world.