I Believe In The Pursuit Of Happiness

Alexander - Fairfield, Connecticut

Alexander

This I Believe Essay

I’m pretty sure that it happens to everyone. Someone or something keeps denying us something that we have set our goals on. When I am denied this thing that I want and I know I’ve worked hard for it, I get sad and angry and I feel that all the work I put in and all the sacrifices I made are just thrown away and have no meaning. But its not like I did anything bad and I deserve this punishment. In my case, the thing that gets in my way from making me happy is money. In my house, money is a constant struggle for everyone because most of it goes into taxes. There is just enough to put pay off the house and affording a good amount of food, but there isn’t enough for the extra stuff in life.

I believe in the pursuit of happiness. I believe that the pursuit of happiness is the most important objective in anyone’s life, and I believe that being denied your happiness is wrong. If you live your life and constantly being denied those extra things in life that would put a smile on your face, then I think that person’s life is a waste. Only if someone has been proven to have done murder or robbery should be denied their happiness. For everyone else, they should get that sports car or that huge plasma T.V., whatever makes them happy.

If this idea ever became a reality, money will have to be abolished. I believe that money is corrupting everyone’s lives. People always worry about how mush money they have and if it will be enough to support them and their family. Money wouldn’t be a problem to anyone if everything was free. If things were free and people can get whatever they want, then much of the population will be a lot happier which is the major goal. But of course there should be a limit to how much people should get.

Work is a nonstop, life long project. I believe that work shouldn’t be in control of someone’s life. If there was a way to limit work, it should be everyday but fewer hours per day. This way people can have more of the day to themselves everyday and still put in the same amount of hours per week. Another thing that should be done is that people should choose when to work their hours so they don’t have to wake up very early in the morning. I believe that in this way people can become better workers for the community because they have more free time to do what they want in the work day.

These things are what I believe in to help make the pursuit of happiness become the number one goal in someone’s life. Limit work hours, abolish money, and make everything free. That’s what I believe in.