My Friend

Armando - San Ramon

I believe in not being lonely at any point in my life. I believe in always having someone there is comforting to know. Being alone is always somewhat boring and even though I can watch television or play video games those are all materialistic things that always seem to get repetitive. I believe in my dog always being home to greet me with open paws.

My dog is always at the house sleeping so that it can get ready to run around and play once someone gets home. She knows when I am walking in because she gets excited and gladly shows it by wagging her little tail and jumping around letting me know she is happy to see me. When a stranger walks in she begins to bark like the annoying little dog she can be sometimes, but she will never raise her voice to me because she knows it is forbidden. My dog is always running around the house so that when I am the only one at home, which happens most of the time, I can always have someone right next to me. Whether she is sleeping or running around trying to rip her toy dolls to pieces, my dog is always home trying to be as playful as possible while she has the energy in her.

Whenever I walk in through that tall, brown front door with the glass framed window in the middle, I have to get ready to take my dog outside so she doesn’t wet the floor with too much excitement. Even if I’m not playing with my dog at all times because I am doing something else around the house, I can still know that I’m not the only one around which is always comforting.. She has many names that I call her from so I don’t have to get bored of calling the same name over and over. All I know is that once I walk into my home and I see my pooch, I can know that I won’t be alone.

Being lonely is a feeling that no one should have. The feeling of knowing that no one is around to talk to or hang out with isn’t too fun. If I was to name one living being that I hang out with most, I know my dog will be somewhere on the top 3 just because I always have to come back to my home every night, and every night my dog will be there patiently waiting to greet me. This is why I believe in my dog always being there for me. Whether I need my dog there or not, it is always more comforting to know that there is another living being in my home besides me. This is why I believe in a dog, or any other pet, being a necessity in every household.