Living For Tomorrow

Jeyson - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: death

“I believe that living for tomorrow is the best way of living “

When I was Ten years old, life was simple and unembellished, but life suddenly changed. My father Jubal T Beasley, was an amazing, incredible, astonishing indestructible man. One day my father couldn’t breathe and had to be rushed to the hospital. The doctors didn’t have any clue what was going on. The following week my father and I were playing basketball. Suddenly my father passed out without warning. Once again my father had to be rushed to the hospital. The doctors where baffled because they didn’t know what was going on and causing all of these vile events. Little did they know was a horrid tumor growing on his lung. When the doctors found out that he had little more than half a year to live I was in a state of bewilderment. Knowing that was a reason why I live for tomorrow. Knowing that my father was going to die soon of lung cancer was an obstacle that needed to be conquered. Knowing that tomorrow was another day closer for my father not having to suffer and go through the pain. The next six months where a huge hell. My father’s hair was falling out. My father had huge bruises all over his skin. My father coughing up

blood. Ten years old, your father dying of lung cancer what is your state of mind. Your mind is in a state of chaos, confusion, anger, and torment. The morning I got the phone call that my father had died was a day that no one or I will ever forget September 11, 2001. I don’t have to mention the devastating and catastrophic events that occurred on that day. That morning when my mother told me that the greatest man in the whole world had died was both lethal and gratifying. Knowing that my father wasn’t in anymore agonizing pain made me happy. I was finally happy over six months of hell. Knowing that tomorrow had finally come was marvelous, but knowing that I was never going to see my father again was ravaging. So living for tomorrow brings happiness and joy. Knowing that tomorrow will bring a new day that was yesterday brought is a jubilation.