I Believe in Conservatsim

Jake - Rancho Santa Fe, California

When I was about eleven years old, my favorite actor was John Candy. I loved going to the video store with my mom to find the movies he was in. I looked all over and suddenly his chubby face and big fat eyes caught me out of the side of my left eye. I screamed abruptly; ” Mom!! I found one!!” She was checking out her videos so I grabbed, Canadian Bacon off the shelf and ran it over to the cashier where her jelly beans were just being purchased. She snatched the movie out of my hands and gave me a long stare in my eyes. I could tell she didn’t think highly of the movie I wanted to buy, so she slid me over to the exit letting the other guy in the line pay for his late fee. She whispered in my ear,” put the movie back, I’ll tell you later why we are not getting it.”

During the car ride back home , I couldn’t imagine something wrong with buying it. I thought naively it was just another hysterical John Candy laugh out loud type of movies. I must of been dead wrong. “Mom, what was wrong with Canadian Bacon?”

“Well, an arrogant man named Michael Moore is the producer.”

“Who’s that?”

“Michael Moore is an anti-American liberal who creates films that pollute people’s minds. He’s too hypocritical and doesn’t even respect God or his own country!”

“How could someone be like that?”

“A man who wants higher taxes so welfare amounts rise, abortion because he enjoys killing babies at conception, same-sex marriage so our population ends, no wars, no security so we are not safe, and lastly no guns so we can’t protect ourselves, someone who doesn’t care about his country’s safety!”

“How could someone possibly believe in that…”

And that’s when it hit me. I believe in lower taxes for all social groups, smaller government resulting in less taxes and spending, no abortions because killing babies before they are even born is wrong, secured borders for less crime and poverty, stopping the radical jihad’s for everyones protection, keeping traditional marriage a law because god intended it to be that way, and lastly watching Fox News because it’s the biggest and most powerful name in news, I believe in conservatism.