Katie - San diego, California
Themes: equality

This I believe

Katie McClurg

Period 2

I believe in humanity.

Humans are considered as one group. Just because some looks different from you doesn’t mean they don’t belong, or they’re not in “the group”

We all function, breath, eat, and talk. If some one doesn’t look like you or your friends, it doesn’t mean that there not living humans.

I believe in humanity that we are all equal. I don’t think its fair that people judge other people by their appearances. Some people think that it’s okay to do this to some one. Well its not. You don’t have the right to make fun of or be mean to a person just because they’re different on the outside. If you cut open the human body, everything is the same. The color of your skin doesn’t matter.

Years ago back in elementary school, I witnessed a kid not being liked because he was from a different country. Every day this kid would play by himself, and eat by himself. It was very sad. And not right. It’s not fair, what does that even matter that his skin color doesn’t look like yours; he is no different from you. None of us are better than each other, no matter how rich or poor.

I believe that there needs to be more people like Martin Luther king, in this world. He believes that every one is equal, and just because you look different doesn’t mean that you’re different from the world. What matters is what’s on the inside, if you’re a good person you will be liked, but if you are a mean disrespectful person, then people wont want to be around you.

Some people just don’t get this; they take one look at some one, and completely judge them. If they don’t look cool, then their not, but if they do look cool then they are. Someone could be very good looking, and have a very mean, and disrespectful personality, and someone that may not look as cool, could have the funniest personality, and might just be fun to hang out with. Who cares what kind of clothes you wear, or where you live, as long as you’re a kind person, you can succeed.

You need to be willing to hang out with some one a little bit different from you. If more people got this concept, then maybe the people in this world will stop judging people by their appearances, and start liking people for who they are.