I believe in being a Democrat.

Natalie - Rancho Santa Fe, California
Themes: citizenship

I believe in being a Democrat.

By:Natalie Tesfai

Every day I meet people who I don’t agree with. But I think every one can change.

I believe in not deporting a person because they fled from their own country. We cannot deport them without even considering how it will ruin their lives. We must have not thought about kicking ourselves out because we are immigrants too. Every one in America is an immigrant. Immigrants are very crucial to the American economy. Most of these people are just trying to provide for their families. America is the “land of opportunity,” a “melting pot of all cultures”, that is what makes America great.

I also believe in global warming like most liberals. Our country cannot just think of our selves. There are millions of people on this planet. We cannot cut down all the rainforests and pollute as much as we want and think there will be no side effect. Look at the facts Global warming is happening now. Global warming is a very serious subject because it will affect the whole planet.

I believe in not judging other groups of people. Like saying that all Middle-Eastern or Muslim people are terrorists. You can’t assume that someone is something when you don’t even know anything about them or their people. In the bible it reads that you cannot judge anyone and that you are not superior to anyone. Like Martin Luther King said all people are equal. Blacks, whites, middle-eastern, gays, hispanics, and all other groups of people are equal. No one can judge but god himself. Its common sense to think, “don’t treat others the way you don’t want to be treated.”

I believe in giving. You must always open your hand to the less fortunate. When I do I feel very good about my self. When somebody is being greedy I think of this quote from Deuteronomy chapter 15 verse 11- “You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land.”

I believe in change and being open-minded. I believe this because with those tools you can adapt to the changing world. You will be alone on this planet if you are being narrow-minded. Especially if you don’t know the truth of the topics you are talking about.

I’m not perfect my self, but I try to live by these principals. If you believe in any of these things, you are like me, an open-hearted and minded Democrat.