Love Learned The Hard Way

Andrew - rancho santa fe, California
Themes: love

I believe in love. To me, love is one of the wonders of the world and it can be both good and bad.

Love is the greatest gift we have. Love is what makes our world go round it is like one big giant energizer bunny it just doesn’t stop going or in this case doesn’t stop loving. If you think about it without love we wouldn’t be anywhere, without love our parents would have neglected us as newborns and we wouldn’t be alive right now. If soldiers didn’t have love for their country they wouldn’t be out on the front line risking their lives for us.

One of the bad things about love is shattered love. Shattered love is when love falls apart for one reason or another. The reason I believe this is bad love is not being loved can leave a hole in your heart. The reason love falls apart is either a really stupid reason, which you later realize or it wasn’t true love.

I also believe that love is forever. I learned this recently when one of my friends died of the rare disease by the name of mersa which is an infection which gets into your body and slowly but surely shuts down every organ. I didn’t realize how much I loved him, until it was too late. My emotions were all over the place for those couple of days. After a few days of adjusting to it, I realized that the death had strengthened my love for him, and that I still loved him even though he was no longer alive. And I will continue to love and remember him for the rest of my life.

Another important aspect of love is loving your neighbor as yourself. When I say this I am not talking about your neighbor as the one whom you borrow sugar from when you’re out. I am talking about every living person on this Earth. By loving them as yourself, you are treating them the way you would want to be treated. In my short life, I have learned not to feel sorrow for someone, but to see what I can do for him or her with love from my heart.

Love is one of the greatest virtues we can live by, and that is why I believe in Love.