LeAnne - Pacifica, California
Themes: citizenship

I believe in no talking during movies! It’s as simple as that. I see no reason in the middle of the movie to ask for dinner, or how the traffic was on the way to work. Oh, especially the “What happens in the end? Does he die? Do they get together?” It ruins the whole flick!

On top of that, it’s a bad habit for people. Many people talk during a movie as much as they blink. I really find no need for people to talk during movies- I mean, of course there are comments people say, like, “He’s cute.” But don’t make a conversation about it! I paid ten dollars plus another ten on snacks for this movie, and I get a Blockbuster hit and people talking. Even when a cell phone goes off, and you hear, “Hey Jill…I’m at a movie right now. I’ll call you later.” Oh, of course Johnny Depp meant to say that, you just filled in a line of dialogue for him. I’m sure a majority of people go to see a movie to escape from their reality.

As for obnoxious people who consist on doing this on purpose, shame on you. I’m not the only one who doesn’t want to hear your immature sophomoric comments or noises. Please, do us all a favor and do that in front of your family so they will be embarrassed to go out with you, let alone give you money you wasted to bother these movie-goers.

I especially hate it when in San Bruno’s Century 10’s audio or screen goes out. I came to see a movie uninterrupted, and most of the reason why I enjoy contributing money to your “Century-funds” was to leave my oh-so-uninteresting life to get into a director’s mind to experience something new. As I was watching Star Wars Episode 3 a few years ago, it may have been a horrible movie, but I surely did not want to see Mace Windu one second, then a black screen the next. Way to go!

In conclusion, please turn off your cell phones. Really. Please turn them off if you can right now. And please, no talking during this presentation.

This I believe.