I believe everything has a reason.

Rachel - Rancho santa Fe, California
Themes: death, purpose

I believe in everything happening for a reason.

Three years ago, my Mom was layed-off from her dream job, while her father, my dear grandfather, was on the verge of death. My mother was heartbroken. Then my grandfather was announced dead just three days after my Mom lost her job. The job that was what her life was for, and now her father she would never see again. Only in pictures. My Mom’s heart was now completely shattered. Now, till this day, my Mom wishes she still had her job and her father never died. I believe though, that everything happens for a reason, including what happened to my mom.

If my mom still had her job, my life and hers would be entirely different. I would still have my Nanny Rebecca Twenty-four-seven. My dad would sometimes work at home if my Rebecca had a doctor’s appointment or something. Though my mom would still leave the house before I woke up for school and come home after I was asleep. But more importantly, I would never have the bond that I have with my mom today.

Before my grandfather died, my grandmother died a few years before. I think that my grandfather died because all this time he was living without my grandmother, and my grandmother was his life. I think he would rather be up there that be down here without her.

When my mom complains and wishes for her old life back, I tell my Mom everything happens for a reason, she smiles and I can tell she is happy. So no matter what happens, that may seem to be in the way, just remember it happened for a reason.