I believe in having true friends

Duncan - Rancho santa fe, California

In the past I have had friends that I thought were true, but weren’t. Some of my old friends have come and gone. But the ones I am still friends with are those who are true all the way. They always have my back and I know that we will be friends forever.

I had a friend, but he wasn’t true to me. Acting different around other people to seem cool in their eyes. I just thought it made him look like a fool. I would ask him” hey lets go paintball.” He would say “ ok who will take?’ Then the next day he was like “ That’s not as fun anymore” just since his “ true friend” thinks it’s not fun or cool. That’s not what a true friend is.

The friends that are true to me, like Jacob, Dom and Michael, still and always will be my friends. Some, I live thousands of miles away from, but that just makes our friendship even stronger. Being the same around anyone and not treating people or saying different things to seem cool in some one else’s eyes. Like saying something you liked one day with one friend then it’s not cool the next. I have always been told to act the same around everyone. That means not saying something different and changing the story since someone else is here.

Now I know what to look for in a true friend and what not to look for. Trust, honesty, and loyalty, are all things to look for in a true friend. Next time I think you should look for these things in a friend. Because if you don’t then you could end up being thought of as a bad person, with people saying “oh he’s not a good kid” or “he/she says this behind my back.”

Everyone in life needs friends. But the ones that really matter in life are the true ones. This I believe. I think that you should have true friends for life.