Experience the Hoov

Loren - South San Francisco, California

I believe that everyone should take the art class here in South City just so they can have Ms. Hoover as a teacher.  She is seriously one of the best teachers I have ever had.  I don’t kiss the ground she walks on, I just think she’s super funny and her artwork is eye-opening, jaw dropping freaking amazing!  And what better class to share a connection with others than a free-spirited art class taught by an awesome teacher.  She always puts this relaxing vibe on the class and is completely pro hippie.  This vibe helps me learn more easily because I feel unstressed.  Another reason why it’s easy to learn in her art class is because instead of just explaining how to do something, Ms. Hoover shows us exactly how to do it by showing off her mad skills in the demos she does for us. I have never seen Ms. Hoovs get mad at a student.  It’s like this woman never has bad days.  She recently told me a story about some freshmen and how they got together a bunch of kneaded erasers, which are these erasers that can be molded and are kind of like dough, and they made a bunch of penises out of them.  Then at the end of class, they left the penis erasers in the box!  So I asked Ms. Hoover if she punished them or anything and she said, “Nope.  I thought it was funny and told them, ‘Hey!  Nice penises!’”  Another cool thing about Ms. Hoovs is that instead of getting really mad at the class when it’s noisy, she politely says, “Guys, I’m only gonna say this once, ‘Shee yaht up,’” and BAM, everyone stops talking and puts the spotlight on her. Ms. Hoover is really patient when it comes to helping us in class.  If I were to give someone a most patient person award, it would most definitely go to Ms. Hoover because people constantly ask her questions to see if they’re doing their work correctly and she’s always super chill and tells them what they should do. Her artwork is crazy good and it makes me want to try that much harder.  Plus, Ms. Hoover encourages me to do my best all the time and tells me to “rock out”. Everyone should join art so they can experience the Hoov! This I believe.