Miranda - South San Francisco, California

I believe in living my life however the hell I want—and I’m going to die happiest that way. I believe I’m going to live in the moment: live for today, disregarding the consequences of tomorrow yet respecting the future—and I’m better left off that way.

Basically, I’ll live by acting on impulse. A perfect example would be a day I spent with my friends. Originally I planned to get a ride from my neighbor to get to school and volunteer for the basketball tournament to fundraise for badminton. Then around 2 to 4 pm, I’d get a ride back from him. Instead of going home, my friends and I decided to watch a movie around 3. After we planned on going to Tanforan mall, but we didn’t know how we’d get there so we decided to walk there after playing some videogames. But we got a ride, and we were going to go to Tanforan but then—as we were driving to the mall—decided to switch lanes and go to Serramonte instead. Although when we got there the mall was going to close in fifteen minutes, so we took some pictures in the photo-booth and decided to go to Tanforan again. We ended up walking to my friend’s house though, since we didn’t have any money for the bus and hung out for about an hour. I never even called home to give my parents the play-by-play, because I knew it was going to change a lot. In the end, I got home six hours later than expected.

I had fun though. It was one of the best days I’d spent with my friends. It was spontaneous, and that’s exactly how I like it. I wouldn’t have changed a single thing, and nor would I ever. A person can’t plan every single detail of their day, week, or life. I’m going to be on my deathbed and look back on my life and wonder if there was anything I’d do over. And there won’t be because I fully embrace everyday to my best ability, and cherish every moment whether good or bad. I take risks because I may never have the chance to again. So I’ll live how I want. It’s simply the best way to live, that’s what I believe.