Hamid David - camp verde, Arizona

I am a Persian by decent or Iranian as we are called now. I have been in the U.S. for about 38 years and like I tell some kids “I have seen more presidents and done more “American” things than you’ll ever do, because I was here in the seventies when love was the only music we played”.

I believe like other nations all true average hard working Americans don’t like what the politicians do in their name. People here are by nature honest and even naive. I believe that when our government does stupid things around the world and their actions causes folks to think less of the American citizens, we need more goodwill ambassadors of average folks type, traveling around the world and saying that we are not the politicians. That is a grass roots movement which this land was built on, but try and say that Israel is an illegal occupier and see how far it’ll get you in these times of lost freedoms and pockets of politicians filled with Israeli money!

I have lived amongst the good people of this blessed land for a life time now; I have 4 daughters and 8 grand kids. And I know this for certain, that most Americans love their neighbors, are giving in general and hate wars and killing as much as the next citizen of any other country.

This I indeed believe, that grace is in the heart of the American farmer, the mill worker, the local grocer, the public servant, and most every teacher and scientist. No matter what our politicians do, we aught to know that average folks in other countries really do know that we are not our politicians!

I believe a day will soon arrive, that the hate mongering, warring machines of this age will be forgotten and the beautiful hearts of the true American nature will again be cherished around the world. The pioneers’ spirit of this land and its people will prevail and no greedy corporation or war mongering politician can stop that day from coming.

When you live in a small community like I do, where bartering the old fashion style is still the way of life, where you still raise a hand to say Hi to a passer by who looks like the fellow down at the super market, where Corn-Festival is still an event, you cannot help but believe, how simple hearts here know not of the real reasons their president attacked an innocent people, yet in their simple hearts they pay homage to the flag and press on because they are true Americans. God has blessed the people of this land!