J.T. - Dayton, Ohio

I believe in the value of one good man. I believe that in this world there is more good than evil. However, I am sorry to say that I believe that there are more evil people in this world than good. Now you may say, “Not so.” Well then look at what happens when anarchy reigns in a country. Look at what happens when we believe that no one is watching.

However, with that said, I do believe that the presence of one good man is like a bursting sun after a dark and violent storm. For one good man, like Gandhi, Lincoln, Churchill, Einstein, John Paul II, the Dalai Lama, Joan of Arc, Margaret Thatcher, Mother Teresa, gives us hope and courage.

One good man outshines the darkness of a million evildoers. Just when we think that the people of this world are hopelessly evil and doomed, an individual appears on the horizon to renew our faith in the difficult good.

One good man helps us to stand strong and struggle for the Absolute Truth.

One good man helps us to heal ourselves and to heal others.

One good man shows us how our hearts can be filled with useless desires that will eventually lead to the burial of our true self.

One good man helps us to free ourselves from the ocean of suffering.

One good man helps us to perceive the mystery of true love hidden deep from this world.

One good man helps us to understand that war is never the answer, but it is often inevitable due to mankind’s wrong thoughts, words and actions.

One good man turns the bitterness of enemies into peace.

One good man does the right thing even when no one is watching.

One good man plants a tree that he won’t see.

One good man inspires us to feel how God exists as a living Being and how that living Being is the life of the party.

And one good man helps us realize that we are all children of God; brothers and sisters in one earthly family.

These are the reasons why I believe in the presence and the power and the value of one good man.