I Make My Life Matter

Victoria - Bend, Oregon
Themes: carpe diem

Louis L’Amour said, “For you and me today is all we have; tomorrow is just a mirage that may never become a reality.” It means that we may not have as much time as we would have liked or even as much as we thought. Therefore, I believe in living each and every day in life to its fullest potential.

So that is why I decided to experience life. I have experienced Frost’s “road less traveled” by being spontaneous, by loving people, and by being myself. I have been mountain climbing, which helped me conquer my fear of heights. The couple of weeks I spent mountain climbing, I realized that I shouldn’t be afraid. Being on top made me recognize how happy I felt and how the stresses in my life didn’t matter at that moment. I have also been involved with sparrow clubs for a number of years. Sparrow clubs helped me realize that people need help and that I might be able to help them.

One of my personal experiences was with my friend. Her family got in a horrible car crash and her mom almost didn’t survive. Luckily, with a lot of therapy and medical treatment, they were able to make a full recovery. Even though I wasn’t in that car with them this opened my eyes. They all could have died and I wouldn’t have my friend right now. This strengthened my belief about living each day to the fullest potential.

I define my successes in life. These successes don’t have to be big; it can be as simple as trying out for a sports team or babysitting my little brothers or sister. These things may not be big to others but they are to me. These accomplishments I experience every day because I go out, do these things, and take risks. I have a lot of fun doing it too.

I let people in on these life experiences. I invite them in whether they are friends or enemies. I make them feel welcomed; I let them in on my secrets and dreams. I have the confidence and courage to go out and do something for myself and for others. I like to branch out and I like to be unique. Being who I am helps me encourage myself and others. It is okay to be different.

My friends and family help me out along the way. I make my life matter the most in the best way possible; I help people when they need help; I encourage people when they need encouragement; I have also inspired a lot of people.

I will never know much time I will have to live my life so I pursue my passions and I make the right choice. I make my life matter every day.