Michelle - Houston, Texas
Themes: change, freedom

In years past, cellular phones came in bags with long cords, were roughly the size and weight of a brick, and now have cameras and ipods built in to them. 20 years ago, walking down a street only maybe three or four people had cell phones. Now cell phones are as common as owning a dog or cheating on your wife. As time passes, more and more elementary students are acquiring these modern gadgets. The popularity of cell phones has brought along a new fad. Texting. Texting is a modern marvel that many teens have found as essential as oxygen and as addicting as drugs.

I believe in the use of texting to communicate my thoughts. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the revolutionary way of conversing, texting involves typing out sentences on a cell phone using the numbers 1-9. Using written out words instead of talking avoids the need to respond immediately. Pondering your answer no longer leaves an awkward silence in a conversation. It also minimizes the need for human contact for all antisocial people, such as myself.

I believe in the power of abbreviations. The thrill of throwing out any sort of education I have acquired about the English language is satisfying. It

is so EZ to use 2 letters 2 relay nfo that would have taken numerous letters written in any language known to man. The inability of older people to comprehend my conversations on my phone makes me feel like I am a double agent for three different governments.

I believe in the first amendment and the freedom of speech. Using phones to text increases our ability to practice the rights given to us by our founding fathers. By using our phones to send messages of great importance and not during school hours (jk) we are fulfilling our duty as great Americans to abide by the freedoms given to us by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We the People, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and then secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our prosperity, to ordain and establish this constitution for the United States of America. Under the bill of rights, we are allowed the freedom of speech and I am going to use it by texting my friends and family as much as I want.

I believe in technology and the power of texting. I believe in communicating my thoughts, and I believe in the importance of knowing that nothing can stop me.

THIS I BELIEVE!