Employee of the Month

Jamie - Cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: work

It was March of 2007 when my manager came up to me and told me to meet him in his office. So, I finished what I was doing and headed to his office. I was working at Carrabbas at the time, and I was freaking out, thinking I was about to get fired. “But why me? I’ve never done anything wrong at this restaurant, well at least I don’t think I have…” I knocked on the door, he opened it and asked me to come in and take a seat. He started off by asking me how I was doing and talking about how business was that night, and so on and so forth. Then there was a moment of silence… it seemed like forever to me! Then he said “Jamie I just want to take the time to thank you for all the hard work you’ve put in at this restaurant, and want to award you with employee of the month.” Man was I relieved to hear those words, I was so proud of myself for being named employee of the month. The best part of it all I got a one hundred-dollar gift card to any of the restaurants in the Carrabbas’ corporation. It was great knowing that all my hard work had been noticed and I was getting rewarded for doing so.

This is when I realized that hard work really does pay off. When you put a lot of time and effort into a task you will usually get rewarded for it. Such as when you do all your homework and study hard you will get A’s, and when you work hard at work you can get raises and bonuses, or when you do your best to stay healthy you get rewarded with living a long life. In almost everything I do, I try to do my best. Now I’m not going to lie, it is very easy to get lazy and I do get lazy…a lot, like most teenagers! But, when I do get lazy I always tell myself, “I will be rewarded in the end if I try my hardest on this.” Whatever “this” may be, it is important to work hard and to always do “this” to the best of your ability, if you do you will be rewarded when it is all said