This I Believe… In The Simple Things

Eric - Cincinnati, Ohio

This I Believe… In The Simple Things

With the fast paced lifestyle of our generation, sometimes it is hard to take time to enjoy. To zoom out on your life, perhaps as a camera lens would do, and say “Wow, its great to be alive!” Whether you are a successful entrepreneur or a stay at home mom everyone has the right to enjoy life. For some it is money or food, for some it’s helping others, everyone has a little niche.

For me it is music.

Most everyone can enjoy music, but I enjoy it in a different way. So zoom in on a fall Sunday evening. That day everything seemed to be going wrong, my parents and I had just gotten into a very displeasing fight so I decide to take out my anger the best way I knew how, by bludgering several objects repeatedly with wooden rods, this action is also known as drumming. Everything escaped my mind and the only thing I could hear was the sound of music, not just because of the volume of my drums. It was that moment I found that out music was not just a hobby. When everything in life seems to be going down hill one thing is always there for me. I will never break up with it, or have to feed and clothe it, music will never go away.

I try to take every moment I can to stop and enjoy; a beautiful view, a really good slice of pizza, a great song, or even just nature at its finest. There are so many things in this world that are worth taking in and we could never possibly enjoy to every single thing.

It’s amazing how children can be so easily amused, how the littlest thing can bring them the greatest pleasure. They have not a care in the world and life is always good for them. They just eat, sleep, poop, and play. I believe that even as adults we should take a lesson from these children. Find that simple little thing that can lift your spirits and don’t let go of it. In the words of Bob Marley “In every life we have some trouble, but when you worry you make it double, so don’t worry, be happy.”