Living by Faith

Jaclyn - Hamilton, Michigan

Faith. It’s something that every person on this earth lives for, whether it’s faith in another person, a thing, or religion. The Bible says, “We live by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7). Whether taking that phrase in a Christian or non-Christian context, everyone believes in something. Whether you have faith in a sports team, faith in a relationship, or faith in God, that faith goes unseen. Sure, one can bet on a team winning the Superbowl, but that’s an unseen gamble. One can have faith in a relationship working, but that is also an unseen gamble. However, people still believe in the unseen possibilities. Being a Christian, I believe that faith in God is the most important, and not an unseen gamble. It is the one sure faith that everyone can believe in, and no one will ever be let down. For God doesn’t lose, he doesn’t end.

In life, we are always searching for more. It is our human instinct to search for unknown answers, to seek out things bigger than us. I have chosen to put my faith in Christ. His love has the ability to sustain, fill, and give hope and a future to everyone who believes in Him. The best thing about God’s love is the ability that he gives us: choice. God doesn’t make us love and worship him; however, he patiently is waiting for people to make the choice to have faith.

I made the choice to have ultimate faith in God when I was 13 by making profession of faith in front of my church. Since then, my faith in God has been strong and I believe He has impacted my life in so many ways. Whenever I have a trouble, I can bring it in front of God. Whenever anyone is sick or hurt I know I can bring those issues to God and just have faith that he will make everything alright. He listens to my every prayer, my every need, my every giving of thanks. He is always there. Because I know that, I am able to take a deep breath during everything that’s going on, look to God, and let my faith in God tell me that everything will work out the way He wants it to.

Ultimately, I believe that faith is an amazing gift. We can chose to have faith in many things, and I choose to put my faith in God, along with relationships and other important things. Worldly things, such as relationships, are a great thing to believe in, to have faith in. However, when it comes down to it, the strongest faith is the one that a person can put in God, for the feeling will always be reciprocated. To always know that God loves you no matter what you have done or will do, is an amazing thing. For faith in God is not just a belief, it becomes a lifestyle. To truly know God you need more than just belief. You need faith.