Hard Work

Kylor - Bend, Oregon
Themes: work

THIS I BELIEVE

In society, people admire and/or respect people who work hard and are thus successful at what they do. The only way to progress and achieve the American dream of having a house, a car and kids is through hard work. Subsequently, I believe that gratification and pride can be achieved when you work hard.

In my life thus far, though it has been short, I have been fortunate enough to be raised by both my mom and dad. Through the fifteen years that I have been around, my parents have pushed me to do my best in everything. Not only has their encouragement been verbal, they have also led by example. What I mean is, since I can remember, they have been going to work day in and day out, no matter how bad they know it is going to be or if they are not feeling well. They have also brought me up by treating me with respect and giving me chances to show them respect. In return, they have also given me the chances to show responsibility and with the responsibility that I have shown I have been rewarded with an allowance, going places with friends, and much more.

Throughout my life I have been involved in sports, both soccer and track. With both of these I have had practice or games almost every week for the past seven years. When I was little, I can honestly say, I wasn’t that great at any particular sport but over time I have been practicing and putting as much time and effort into them as I can in order to better myself. Because of my concentration and dedication to hard work I now play for a soccer club in Portland and I am also a part of a soccer program called ODP. ODP stands for Olympic Development Program. This is a team that is made up of the best soccer players in the state for each age group.

In addition to that, I also made the varsity soccer team as a freshman this past year. As far as track goes, I have done well over the past several years but my biggest accomplishment would be to make the varsity team this year. I guess I will just have to work hard and then wait to see if that works out.

I have also found that I have followed the guidelines of hard work in school. Since sixth grade I have done well in school. My hope is that I will continue to work hard and by the time I graduate from high school, I will be able to get an academic scholarship.

So, in essence, based on my life opportunities, I believe that you will have a better chance to succeed in life if you work hard for what you want and believe that you are capable.