Good People

Ulises - Tujunga, California

Over the years i have come to the realization that everyone is different. Everyone has their own points of views, preferences and beliefs. Labeling people only makes us have a false preconception of them and what they can offer me and others. This notion has kept me from labeling most people. I must say “most”, because there is one group I do label, I like to refer to them as “Good People”

These “Good People” (as I like to call them) are everywhere. You may not know they are there unless you are paying close attention. For example as I drive down the 405 in traffic I notice that individual who lets me merge over without throwing a fit. Or as I get in line at the store to buy my 6-pack of beer and sandwich, I happen to be offered to go ahead and cut in line. These occurrences don’t happen often but do take place.

These simple but caring moments I experience are what get me through the day. They are what have helped make “Me” who “I” am today. By respecting and appreciating the insignificant offerings these individuals make, I feel compelled to be like one of these “Good People”. As I go on with my day I now try to leave this label ready for the taking for anyone I come across. Always giving the benefit of the doubt. I feel that as I aspire to be “Good People” others should have that same opportunity to be labeled one as well.

Without this drive to be a good person I wouldn’t be able to do what I do everyday. The simple example given to me by certain strangers inspires me to do the same for others. With out the help of that “Giving Person” on the 405 or that “Person willing to give up a spot in line”, I wouldn’t be able to show up to work where all that is asked from me is to be caring, giving and patient.

My one wish would be for more people to be good examples of “Good People”. We would all be a bit happier and willing to help each other out. Personally it has made an incredible difference in the way I see and treat others.