everything happens for a reason

Monica - Carnation, Washington
Themes: purpose, setbacks

I believe that everything happens for a reason. There is not one event that I regret in my life, I feel that from every experience, good or bad, we learn something and are able to move on wiser and better people. When I see people dwelling on a loss with a “should haves” and such, I feel sorry for them because until they learn to accept their fate, they won’t be able to see the truth that comes with it. Even the most upsetting events in my life have given me something to be thankful for, I don’t always see the good in the situation right away, but eventually I am able to understand and move on. I have lost family members in the past, and yes it is terrible for a while, but I have learned to value my other family members more and cherish the time I have left with them. If someone regrets treating another person poorly in the past, don’t obsess over it, it’s never too late to apologize and always a good time to start treating others with more respect. Even large scale events happen for a reason, global warming and terrorist attacks have made us more aware of our actions and our environment. I get so frustrated when I see people trying to change the past, it can’t be done. History is something that we learn from so that bad events are not repeated, and good events are used as models for us to utilize again. I am not asserting that there is or is not a divine force behind what happens in our day to day lives, but moral of my life is to accept fate. I believe that we are supposed to learn from our past and accept the outcomes of events without letting them rule our lives. Sure, do your best to attain your desired result during the process, but if you lose the game you have been training all season, or lost a pet; learn from it. Train harder next season and do your best, there is no shame in losing while doing your best, someone else just worked harder to get to the spot where you want to be, that’s why it’s called a competition. It’s unfair for other people to have to listen to you complain all day, everyone has their own problems, do something to make your life better for yourself. No one is going to follow you picking up the pieces to a life you have given up on, until something ends you need to do your best to create what you want to happen. If for some reason it does not work out, learn from the mistakes you made and push yourself to change your life for the better. I believe that everything happens for a reason and it is up to you to learn from it, and make the best of whatever situation you wind up in.