Not Every person in this World is Bad, but Every Person is Good

Sarah - Okemos, Michigan

A year ago I met someone who was dealing drugs. The drugs were being sold everyday; what ever you wanted you could get from him. I had never met anyone who did this before, and I didn’t know how I felt about that. His life seemed to be good, he was happy. He always had people around him and looked content with his life, but he was doing wrong things.

Second Chances are important. I am not a judgmental person, so I still wanted to get to know him. Months after I first had met him I was still building a friendship with him. After a while he stopped dealing drugs and changed his life around tremendously. He affected many lives, in a negative way, by dealing these drugs. Even though he changed his life around, many people think of him as a bad person. I do not. He is a great example of someone who had a second chance at life.

In life you must forgive. I make mistakes on a daily basis, I can admit that. Whether it is taking my anger out on some I love or making the wrong decision. No matter what I do, at the end of the day I am still a person. Maybe I made some poor decisions that day, but I always have tomorrow to make better ones. My best friend made many bad choices and mistakes, but he is still a person just like me.

All people have some sort of inner good with in them. He is the one of the hardest workers I have ever met, many times working 50 plus hours a week at Cottage Inn and going to school. At the same time he is trying to have his own time to hang out with friends and be himself. Many times he has only had one day off during the week, and he has covered his coworker’s shifts when they want to celebrate an anniversary with a girlfriends or just go to a party on that night. He would do anything for the people in his life.

He is calm. When the world picks on him for what he has done, he takes it with out exploding. Many times he gets pulled over and searched for drugs, gets a random ticket, or just gets harassed for no reason. He doesn’t get angry or talk back. The police know what his car looks like and where he lives. It seems at though they expect him to be back to his old way of life, not the changed person he is.

All people will make mistakes but they can learn from them. He has shown me through his calm attitude and forgiveness towards other people that there is a good person in him. There is a certain inner good that shines from him. My best friend has showed me that not every person in this world is bad, but that all people are good. This I do believe.