The Power of High Heels

Ashley - Little Rock, Iowa

I believe in the power of high heels. Heels have been around since the early centuries and are still popular this day. If I could wear high heels everyday, I would. I have been wearing heals since I was about ten and I believe they have helped to shape the way I carry myself today.

When I first started wearing heels, my mother taught me the techniques of walking with heels properly. “Keep your back straight, walk on a line, and cross your feet to the side.” The essentials to acting like a lady, my mother would tell me. I still use this advice today and believe it gives off more than just lady likeness.

Wearing heels has given me confidence, elegance, and professionalism. When walking into a room or through a crowd with heels on, I feel a confidence as if everybody can tell I just walked in. I walk in with my head held high and a nice stride to show people I am elegant and professional. Your first impression is everything and these three things help to make that impression a good one. High heels should not be abused. If one is unable to walk in heels, do not try to make the impression that you can. I have had quite a few years of practice walking in heels which gives me the confidence that I can walk in them.

Beauty is pain. Heels are not exactly meant to be comfortable. It is always possible to find that one lucky pair of high heels that are comfortable though. There is a place and a time for heels. But if the heels are needed for the place, pain can be endured. I have endured the blisters and the sore heels. After years of wearing the heels, I have hardly any problems with pain or blisters anymore. It just takes time to get used to the style.

Heels make an outfit. I believe shoes are the essential thing to finishing an outfit. I often will by a pair of heels and then find an outfit to match the shoes. This always gives you a reason for buying more clothes, because you cannot have a pair of shoes with nothing to wear them with. I always make sure my heels match my jewelry and my belt. It makes your outfit more complete.

I believe in the power of high heels because they give me my professionalism and confidence. Now go out and practice wearing those heels and maybe that confidence that is needed will appear when walking into a room.