Children Are The Future

Morgan - Doral, Florida
Age Group: 65+

I believe that the moral fiber of our country is declining to the point that it is now endangering the future of the United States of America. We face corruption in the corporate and political worlds. Crime, violence and destruction are the themes in the entertainment world. Our greatest asset, our childen, are being wasted by the indifference of our leaders . Many uneducated or hard working parents have lost control of of their children, resulting in children having no respect for pareants, their teachers or any adult.

It is difficult to find a TV program or a movie today that does not include sex, profanity, violence or destruction. Those are the most popular ones and I witness that they educate many of our children to act, speak and sing accordingly.

We are denying our children a good future by placing education on the bottom of the spending list. Our elected officials prefer pork barrel spending over providng adequate funding for education. What lesson are we teaching our children when they hear that their education must be funded in Florida by gambling and there is still not enough funds to provide for enough good teachers and school supplies?

Our leaders have lost sight of doing what is right and best in favor of what gains them another term. Parents who lose control of their children at home are passing on that problem child to our schools and our society.

None of these problems can be corrected without strong, honest, moral (not religious) leadership in the home, and at all government levels. There are also many good parents, many good children and some good leaders out there. It will take each one of us to preserve our country for our children. This I believe.