The Magic of Lemonade

Daniel - Columbus, Ohio

So this morning, right? I was walking down the street, you know, getting my 5 AM workout in, just the usual stuff. And I was goin down my street, Riverhill, and on my left, I see a cute little girl sitting behind a little wooden table with a sign that said “Lemonade- 5 cents” on it. So I stopped, ponied up 5 pennies, took my lemonade and drank it as I kept on goin. Now theres a couple reasons why I bought that paper cup of lemonade from that little girl. Number 1:… I was thirsty alright. I’m not gonna lie to you. I was paaarched. Now, the second reason, well that all starts with this belief I have about the power that buying lemonade from little kids has. You know, I like to sprinkle a little bit of encouragement over their lives and buying lemonade from their lemonade stands gets the job done

I like think about it like this: that little girl put all that time and effort and money into that rickety old stand, expecting to make the big bucks, so the least I could do to reward her business mind is buy some of that lemonade, no matter how sour, warm, small portioned, and overpriced it is. Just buying one cup of lemonade will make that little girl’s heart sing with joy, and that’s the kind of stuff I live for. Basically, in my life, I hope to make about uh, lets say, 35 hundred kids happy by buying their lemonade, or their kool-aid, or gatorade or whatever they’re tryin to sell me.

The second, and maybe most important reason why I slap pennies on the counter to buy lemonade or other assorted refreshments from little kids is simple: it’ll all come back to me in the end. I’ve got my fingers crossed that one day one of these kids will blossom into multi millionaires because I inspired them to become businessmen and women just by buying their lemonade. Hopefully, they’ll remember me, find me, and say “hey you’re that cat that bought that lemonade from me that one day in January which inspired me to become a businessman, here’s a couple hundred thousand dollars”. And I’ll gladly pocket those couple hundred thousand dollars, cuz I know that I legit earned it

Now I know that I’m preaching to the choir here. But still, in all seriousness, I don’t wanna see any of you going to Giant Eagle, or Kroger or wherever to buy your lemonade, cuz theres plenty kids out there putting their lives on the line to supply us with lemonade. Me, personally, I’m gonna stop by that little girl’s lemonade stand during lunch, you know, to inspire her and give myself the best chance for a, uh, large monetary gift later in life. Any Questions?