Taking Chances

Kyle - Eagle, Idaho

I believe in taking chances and not letting anything hold you back.

Many people are stopped from doing things they love because there is a risk. I believe that if you love doing it then why wouldn’t you. Just because there is a chance of getting hurt does not mean that you will always end up with something gone wrong. In fact most of the time nothing ever happens.

I remember a time like this that happened only a few weeks ago. It was super bowl weekend and we had stayed in McCall, Idaho. Sunday came and we decided we would go home to watch the game but after a quick ride on our snowmobiles. When we got to the mountain I looked up and it was a beautiful blue skied day; we unloaded quickly and took off. It had been snowing all the week before so there was fresh snow on the ground. Then we finally got where we were headed, an open pasture so that we could play around in the fresh snow. I started driving around and decided that it would be fun to jump the trial in the middle separating the two pastures. I drive around it to see where I would want to take off and also land to make sure I do not hit anything. I find exactly where I want to be so I drive back to get some speed. I start going faster and then boom I am in the air. Everything slows done; I hear my snowmobile underneath me rumbling; I smell the gas burning and the crisp air; I feel the cool air gently caressing my neck; I see the white snow, trees with tops covered in white, and the mountains in the background. Then I hit the ground and the snow comes walking up the hood and off the windshield into my face. I start floating on top of the fluffy powder.

That was one of the best experiences of my life so far. I do not understand why people would want to miss out on that just because of the risk factor. To me some things are just to fun to miss out on. That is why I live the way I do and take chances. Sure sometimes things go wrong but all the experiences and fun you have doing what you love in between those times is way better than anything that could go wrong. My advice to you is to take some chances and live a happy worthwhile life.