This I Believe , by Shanae Richardson

Shanae - Lakeville, Minnesota
Themes: setbacks

By Shanae R

For as long as I can remember I have lived with my mother, Bonnie, until recently. In April of 2007 I, Shanae R, moved in with my dad, Charles, stepmom, Jody, and little sister, Jayla. This move has been very hard for me. One of the reasons it has been so hard on me is the fact that my mom and dad have totally different views on life. My entire life my mom has taught me the ways of the Christian life style such as, love God, respect, modesty, and obedience. When I moved in with my dad all that stuff I had learned as a kid was thrown out the window. It has been really hard to live with all the morals I had been brought up with, in a house so different. A few examples of this would be one, it is so tempting to wear clothes that would not be honoring to God when they’re practically thrown in my face, two it is very hard to be respectful to my parents when they don’t respect God, three, and probably the hardest thing would be staying close to God when A. the house I’m living in isn’t B. there is not very many people in my school that are, and C. I don’t have the support of a church. On top of trying to deal this all this struggling with my Christianity I really miss my mom, and my step mom and I strongly dislike each other.

I am a non denominational Christian. This simply means instead of being Baptist or Catholic, or something like that, I simply believe what the Bible tells me. More specifically I love God with all my heart, try and fallow The Ten Commandments, believe that God created the world in seven days, and that one day soon Jesus Christ is coming back to earth to retrieve all of the Christians, and bring them back to heaven with Him.

I sincerely hope that one day soon I will be able to move back in with my mom, and be able to begin practicing the Christian faith once again, without distractions.

Shanae R