Teresa - Ansonia, Ohio
Themes: death, family

I believe that time does in fact heal all wounds. I can remember my mother as a loving and caring person. I recall the time when my mother would work double shifts at a fast food restaurant to bring a little extra money tothe family. The times we had were sometimes hard and a bit stressful. I think the worst time in my life though was when tragedy atruck our family and that was when my mother died.

I think the cause of my mothers death was the hardest of all to endure. It was around 9:00 p.m. when the call came into the 911 dispatch that a woman was crossing the railroad tracks in the city of Eaton, Ohio was struck by a passing train that was traveling around 35mph. The bystanders who had seen my mother struck all thought she had cleared the tracks but in the end she was pronounced dead at the scene.

I didn’t want to believe my mother was dead, but it became clear to me when I watched the local news stations play the horrific details over and over again on the morning and evening newscasts. I was mortified because I knew it will take a long time to put this tragedy somewhat behind me.

It has been five years since my mother was killed and for me it seems like it was yesterday, but I do know as time passes so will the hurt, but my mothers strngth and love I know will continue with me forver. I know now from personal experience time does heal all wounds.