Education and Working Hard

Andy - Olympia, Washington

I believe that as long as I stay focused on what is important to me and not to others, then I will be a happier person. If I make my own decisions on my own free will, then maybe things will be less stressful to me.

School is not a major priority for me, ever since I graduated, I have been dreading coming back, and unlike most people attending college, I was forced to come since I still live with my parents and that makes them think that they can control me. Every time I have ever told my dad I didn’t want to go, he just explained to me that I was selfish for not taking this opportunity but I really don’t see how college will help me in my future.

I believe in staying focused on true passions. The way that I see it, if I can get a full time job, I would be able to afford my own apartment and have a lot more freedom. I wouldn’t have any more money problems if I didn’t have school to worry about and since I attend school, it’s harder for me to get more hours at my other jobs.

I also believe in following your dreams and it has always been a dream of mine to rap. I also have many troubles in following this dream since studio equipment is very expensive and I can’t afford to release an album using gear that isn’t high quality. And If I had my own place to reside, then I could record much more easily than right now since it can get very loud and very annoying to my parents. I plan to record an album of my own with help from my friends Dylan, TJ and Juan who also go by the names of Obnoxious, Mindgame and NauJ. Once I have it recorded, I plan to mass produce it which includes making several copies of the cd, adding an album cover, paying for production and possibly collaboration fees. Then the next step would be to go either downtown or to the mall and promote myself, approach others and ask to purchase my cd. I got this idea when I went down to L.A. and at least 20 rappers asked me to buy their album, so I should be able to sell if I find the right crowd to sell to.

I believe that my focus should be on what I feel is necessary to make my life easy. College won’t help me since I’m not specifically going into any field, my plan is to just work until I know what I want and as long as I have a job, I’ll be able to support myself and I will be able to follow my dreams. I believe that I will be successful if I follow my dreams and stay focused on what I feel is important rather than what others think.