life is fair

Tianjiao - 27103, North Carolina

When I first heard this phrase “life is fair”, I disagreed without doubt. If life is fair, why some people are rich, but the others are poor? If life is fair, why some people can get the good opportunity to achieve their dream, but the others can’t? However, my experience changed my opinion.

I did my Jan term at an animal hospital in Winston Salem. My Jan term advisor adopted a Chinese girl when he traveled to China 13 years ago. I met her in the animal hospital. She has traditional Chinese appearance, but she knew nothing about Chinese except her name “Zi Ling”. I sighed with emotion because this adoption changed her life. It’s sad that she was dropped by her parents. She is supposed to live with her family in her homeland. But now she lives in a family without any blood relationships. However, my jan term advisor not only gives her a family, but also provides her the same education as his children. Although she lost the love of her parents, she got more love from other people . She lost the opportunity to learn Chinese from her parents, but she got the opportunity to study in the Unite States.

“Do you think you are misfortune?” I asked her. She was surprised about my question because she thinks she is the luckiest person in the world. My advisor and his wife treat her as their own child. She had a very happy childhood because she was adopted when she was young. Life is fair. We were both born in China, but we grew up in different countries. Life provided me an integrated family which is belonged to me.but it didn’t provide me an easy way to study abroad.Life provided her eazy way to study abroad, but it didn’t provide her a family that belong to her. Life gives you something as soon as take something from you.

I used to complain about life because I think it’s unfair. It didn’t give me beautiful appearance. But now, I realize that life has provided me outgoing personality and health. Actually, the reaction about life depends on the people’s minds. If you are an optimist who is happy to deal with all the things in life, you may think life is fair because you are satisfied about your life. However, if you are a passionate who always focuses on the negative things in life, you may think life is unfair. No matter which kind of person you are, please believe life is fair, the only thing we can do is enjoy the things life provides us.